Denver Commercial Property Service is looking for an Ornamental Tree and Shrub Pruning Technician. This is a Full-Time position with a great opportunity for growth within the company.
Denver Commercial Property Services is a rapidly growing provider of commercial property services to 1,000+ clients across Colorado. During the past 10 years, we’ve grown from 10 employees to over 500 and offer tremendous long-term career advancement opportunities for our employees. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” in the State of Colorado and in addition to long-term job security, we offer competitive pay, bonuses, and benefits across all of our divisions.
Our Landscaping division is a cross-functional team of certified horticulturists, arborists, plant health, and irrigation specialists working to ensure high-quality services to our clients. We’re growing rapidly and looking for long-term landscape professionals across all these specialties. If you’re looking for a career in landscaping, we’d love to speak with you!
The ideal candidate will show knowledge of ISA and ANZI-300 Pruning Standards, as well as experience on rope and saddle. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 60 days: medical, dental, and vision.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $32.00 per hour
This position is responsible for the care and primarily pruning and removal of trees. Supervises the field operations, trains the new crew members, oversees all aspects of tree pruning and removals and holiday lighting and adheres to the company’s Safety Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Trim and reshape trees and shrubs to achieve promote good health and structure or to remove low-hanging branches for safety.
- Supervise the trimming crew and train new crew members.
- Prune, cut down, fertilize, and spray trees as directed by supervising arborist.
- Install and remove Holiday lighting as requested.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be familiar with ISA and ANZI-300 Pruning Standards
- 2 years rope and saddle experience preferred
- Knowledge in both SRT & DRT (SRS/MRS) systems preferred
- Rigging and removal experience a plus
- The ability to focus on attention to detail and professional tree pruning standards
- Experience with smaller trees and shrub pruning preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR required
- Excellent Communication and Leadership skills required
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- General agriculture experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly climb, stoop/crouch, crawl.
- Occasionally stand for long periods (approx. 8 hours) of time doing repetitive tasks with hands including using power tools, walk, sit, twist, turn, pull/push, reach, climb, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, hear and grasp.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses.