Denver Commercial Property Services is looking for a Employee Relations Specialist .
Denver Commercial Property Services is a rapidly growing provider of commercial property services to 1,000+ clients across Colorado. During the past 10 years, we’ve grown from 10 employees to over 500 and offer tremendous long-term career advancement opportunities for our employees. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” in the State of Colorado and in addition to long-term job security, we offer competitive pay, bonuses, and benefits across all of our divisions.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: Base Salary $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the development and administration of the employee relations program, affirmative action program and employee advocacy for the Commercial Cleaning Division. This position interfaces with employees, division managers and Union representatives.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the Commercial Cleaning department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the career development and internal recruiting efforts of the Commercial Cleaning Division within the organization.
- Assists management with performance concerns, disciplinary action, and conflict management issues.
- Administers the equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs.
- Manages and resolves simple employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Escalates to Management any complex issues.
- Provides HR guidance and interpretation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be bilingual in English/Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action requirements.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Two years of experience in human resource administration or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- ADP Workforce experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time-off