Denver Commercial Property Service is looking for an Controller.
DCPS is a privately owned business that works to provide a one stop solution to commercial property management clients for all of their maintenance needs. We are able to do so as we operate in the following divisions:
- Capital Projects
- Lot Services
- Plantscapes and Holiday
- Commercial Cleaning
DCPS employees are self-starters who think outside of the box to drive results and solutions. The culture is laid back and face paced.
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Controller to oversee the Accounting team and drive the monthly, quarterly and annual close process while implementing processes and procedures to improve accounting areas and close.
- Compile monthly consolidation packages for each business unit and lead meetings with division heads to discuss financial results
- Oversee and mentor accounting team to ensure each member has enough guidance and oversight to meet set deadlines and goals, inclusive of quarterly performance reviews for each member of the team
- Manage cash in company bank accounts to communicate with ownership the need for additional cash as well as with Accounts Payable to determine spend each week. Part of this includes approving daily ACHs in bank portal
- Develop an equity and fixed asset roll forward for business units
- Responsible for allocation entries and workbooks including divisional overhead, rent, quarterly commissions
- Review monthly credit card entry, bank reconciliations, fixed asset journals, due to/from (Intercompany) reconciliations, captive insurance bills and develop additional processes and reconciliations for other balance sheet accounts (including prepaid expenses etc.)
- Compilation of the quarterly consolidated financial statements for the bank and oversight of bank covenant compliance
- Point of contact for CBIZ for annual tax preparation
- Oversee and lead the annual Captive Insurance and Snow Insurance policy audits
- Various other tasks
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Public Accounting or a similar role
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Quickbooks and Concur or Certify is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills