Denver Commercial Property Services is looking for a Concrete Finisher.
Denver Commercial Property Services is a rapidly growing provider of commercial property services to 1,000+ clients across Colorado. During the past 10 years, we’ve grown from 10 employees to over 500 and offer tremendous long-term career advancement opportunities for our employees. We’ve been named a “Great Place to Work” in the State of Colorado and in addition to long-term job security, we offer competitive pay, bonuses, and benefits across all of our divisions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $33.00 per hour
We are looking to hire an experienced concrete finisher who can expertly pour, level, and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including roads, sidewalks, curbs, and floors. You may also be required to set the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joints, and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish.
To be a successful concrete finisher, you must possess the skills necessary for the trade and be familiar with the latest concrete pouring technology. We are looking for someone who can work shifts, if necessary, over weekends, and at night. You should also be physically fit and be able to stand for long periods of time, work on your knees, lift heavy materials, and work outdoors in high heat and cold weather.
- Setting forms that hold the concrete in place.
- Cleaning and inspecting surfaces for pouring issues.
- Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
- Pouring, smoothing, and leveling concrete using a rake, trowel, float, and screed. This includes handheld tools and power tool versions.
- Monitoring the effects of the weather on the curing process.
- Applying sealing and hardening components.
- Safely operating power vibrator to ensure the concrete is compacted.
- Molding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
- Polishing surface using a power surfacing machine.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a concrete laborer or mason.
- Ability to stand for long periods.